This dressing is a tad like a caesar dressing with the garlic amped way up but works amazingly well with pretty much anything. We had a guest one night who drank it from the jug…I wouldn’t go that far.
I like to use it on my potato and bean salad – essentially I pan fry some halved Kipfler potatoes and toss in some green beans for the last 10 minutes, then toss this dressing through it. You could add some fried bacon too if you wanted.
What you need
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 3 – 4 tbsp extra virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- 10g shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do with it
- Combine mustard, vinegar and water in a large bowl.
- Add oil in a thin, steady stream whisking until emulsified
- Season and stir through shallot and garlic